Why this module?
Understanding the operation of the starter system, and in particular its inspection is a prerequisite for troubleshooting a vehicle that won’t start. Learning how to troubleshoot the starter system is a great opportunity for the mechanic to apply and practice the basic skills of electrical engineering and measurement technology.
What will you learn?
At the beginning of the study, you will be familiarised with the operation of the starter system. You get to practice your expertise in electrical and measuring technology. The function check is divided into two typical fault descriptions, the starter motor rotates and does not rotate. The symptom has an impact on the order of performing the checks, and the conclusions.
In troubleshooting, you may find that the starter control circuit is not working properly. In this case, knowing and understanding the operating circuitry and operating conditions of the control circuit is a valuable skill. This study will show you the main types of these control structures and give you the basics for continuing the inspection.
As the troubleshooting progresses and when the fault is discovered, it becomes natural to understand which basic components the starter requires to operate. From the structure and activity part of the study, you will find illustrative content to answer your questions.
When working on the latest technology you will become familiar with Start-Stop vehicles. This environment- and consumption-saving system is becoming more common, it’s functioning and its impact on the starting system must be known and taken into account in troubleshooting. In the Start-Stop system you will be introduced to the system basics, driving, components, and data used for the data network.
Open Product Sheet (PDF)
After the studies and applied practical tasks, you will have the skills to perform repair and troubleshooting work on the starter system. You will also be able to apply your skills to vehicles equipped with a Start-Stop system.
After completing your module of study and approved completion of the exercises, you will be allowed to take the final exam. After completing the final exam, you can print a Prodiags certificate from your attainments register as proof of your expertise.
Open Product Sheet (PDF)
To get the best learning outcomes you need to have basic knowledge of electrical and measurement technology. Learning outcomes will improve if you have an oscilloscope. For studying these subjects, we recommend the module: Electricity.
This course’s topics and objectives correspond in scope to a conventional 2 day training event.
Once you have made your payment, you get immediate access to the content in the form of a license valid for 6 months. You’ll save time and money by not needing to travel.
Internet connection and PC or laptop with browser. Recommended screen resolution 1024 x 768 or higher.
We want to make sure that you always have the latest version of our product. Prodiags reserves the right to make real time updates and changes. This way you’ll always have the best version, without extra fees.
Open Product Sheet (PDF)
1/4 – I’m a mechanic and I want to direct the payment for the training to my foreman, how can I do this?
- When ordering a Prodiags Training Module you can easily direct the payment to your manager or even to your mum. Open/print out the link’s instructions.
Printable order instructions (PDF)
2/4 – How can I provide my mechanics with useful training for example when a customer cancels an appointment?
- With the help of an Online Training Module you can utilise open spaces in the calendar and cancelled appointments with completing efficient training.
- If you have an ambitious mechanic whose skills and competence level you want to raise, Prodiags Training Modules are the easiest and most efficient way to start the training.
Read more about the benefits >> Workshop Manager
3/4 – What knowledge is required from me in order to provide added value to my training event with pre-learning and online material?
- Starting using the training material requires only a few clicks from you. You order the training material, add the participants and the pre-learning is up and running.
- A central added value of the Training Module’s Assessments: the trainer and learner knows the starting level, which enables the interest and motivation in the training to be maintained.
Learn more >> Trainer / Teacher
4/4 – How can I share and present Prodiags products to my community?
- Prodiags Automotive Training Modules are meant for everyone with an interest in the automotive industry. We cooperate with different influencers and we do not bind our partners to our brand.
- If you were interested in presenting your own collaboration idea to us, please fill in the Influencer Form and tell us more about yourself and your idea.
Open Influencer Form >>