As your expertise improves, so too do your skills and abilities in performing fault diagnosis demanding logical reasoning and analysis of test results. You will be able to make effective use of all possible information stored in the engine control module’s OBD memory about faults and system status.
After completing your course of study and approved completion of the exercises, you will be allowed to take the final exam. After completing the final exam, you can print a Prodiags certificate from your attainments register as proof of your expertise.
Open Product Sheet (PDF)
WHY THIS COURSE?
Mechanics who inspect and repair vehicles require skills that include knowledge and understanding of how to use OBD diagnostics, specifically for carrying out effective troubleshooting and verifying the vehicle’s roadworthiness following completion of emissions related diagnostic repairs.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
Utilisation of OBD diagnostic functions requires understanding of how the testing device you use provides information about the operating modes defined in the standard. For example, data on fault codes, condition and freeze frame data, and code deletion are stored in a variety of functional modes. The testing device’s view may be in the mode appropriate for the function, and so you have to visit multiple views to gather all the information, or alternatively the same information may be merged into a single view.
In diagnostics, the fault code becomes specified according to how the malfunction affects the data received from the signal, current or function. You can make use of the qualifier of this if you understand the structure of the circuitry and how it works. By utilising the basic skills of electrical engineering and your knowledge of the system, you begin to understand things like how the weakening of supply voltage in signal monitoring can affect its grounding from short circuiting.
OBD diagnostics’ internal control systems, i.e. partial tests, have an impact on official inspection in connection with roadworthiness inspection, but these should also be made use of by mechanics in post-repair inspection. Learn about monitoring systems to take advantage of this self-diagnosis feature. At the same time, you get to understand why a post-repair test drive should be properly planned to include a variety of operating situations. Also, you will learn that simply resetting fault codes and monitoring system results is never a way to fix a fault.
Open Product Sheet (PDF)
Structure and functioning of engine control systems and basics of electricity.
Internet connection and PC or laptop with browser. Recommended screen resolution 1024 x 768 or higher.
This course’s topics and objectives correspond in scope to a conventional 2 day training event.
Once you have made your payment, you get immediate access to the content in the form of a license valid for 6 months. You’ll save time and money by not needing to travel.
We want to make sure that you always have the latest version of our product. Prodiags reserves the right to make real time updates and changes. This way you’ll always have the best version, without extra fees.
Open Product Sheet (PDF)
1/4 – I’m a mechanic and I want to direct the payment for the training to my foreman, how can I do this?
- When ordering a Prodiags Training Module you can easily direct the payment to your manager or even to your mum. Open/print out the link’s instructions.
Printable order instructions (PDF)
2/4 – How can I provide my mechanics with useful training for example when a customer cancels an appointment?
- With the help of an Online Training Module you can utilise open spaces in the calendar and cancelled appointments with completing efficient training.
- If you have an ambitious mechanic whose skills and competence level you want to raise, Prodiags Training Modules are the easiest and most efficient way to start the training.
Read more about the benefits >> Workshop Manager
3/4 – What knowledge is required from me in order to provide added value to my training event with pre-learning and online material?
- Starting using the training material requires only a few clicks from you. You order the training material, add the participants and the pre-learning is up and running.
- A central added value of the Training Module’s Assessments: the trainer and learner knows the starting level, which enables the interest and motivation in the training to be maintained.
Learn more >> Trainer / Teacher
4/4 – How can I share and present Prodiags products to my community?
- Prodiags Automotive Training Modules are meant for everyone with an interest in the automotive industry. We cooperate with different influencers and we do not bind our partners to our brand.
- If you were interested in presenting your own collaboration idea to us, please fill in the Influencer Form and tell us more about yourself and your idea.
Open Influencer Form >>