Why this module?
Understanding and checking the operation of the vehicle charging system is part of the basic skills of all mechanics. System checks must always be made before replacing the starter battery. For automotive technicians the inspection of the charging system and starter battery is the first practical situation to apply electrical and measurement technology skills.
What will you learn?
At the beginning of the study, you can immediately get acquainted with the operation of the charging system. You can challenge your expertise in electrical and measuring technology. In troubleshooting, you may find that the charging control circuit is not working properly. In this case, knowing and perceiving the control circuit and it’s operating conditions is a valuable skill. Studying will present you the main types of these control structures and will give you the basics for continuing the inspection.
As the troubleshooting progresses and when the fault is discovered, it becomes normal to have the need for more understanding of the basic components of the alternator construction and how it operates. The next study part covers more detailed information of structures and operation. You can explore more information via many illustrative images and animations.
Charging system operation involves a starter battery. Even if a malfunction and customer complains indicates a battery failure, you need always confirm the alternator operation and vehicle sleep mode discharge current before replacing the battery.
How to check battery condition, there are several methods for that. Study of battery inspection will present you the most typical methods both without a battery tester with a tester. This will also help you learn the correct steps of the work procedure. You will also learn differences between various battery testing devices, feature and results. You quickly notice that checking the battery and the vehicle’s basic electrical system correctly is a truly professional job.
Learn more about battery design and differences. Get information on different types of battery chargers and for what purpose they are developed. Finally, you will learn about the battery replacement steps. By studying more, you can learn more about battery structures and differences.
You will find information on various battery chargers and for what purpose they have been developed. Finally, you learn the most general steps for battery replacement.
Open Product Sheet (PDF)
As your expertise improves, so too does your skills and abilities in performing work on charging systems and starter batteries. You will also be able to apply your skills in fault finding situations and execute better quality maintenance work.
After completing your module of study and approved completion of the exercises, you will be allowed to take the final exam. After completing the final exam, you can print a Prodiags certificate from your attainments register as proof of your expertise.
Open Product Sheet (PDF)
To get the best possible learning outcome, we hope that you have a basic knowledge in electricity and measurement techniques. For studying these subjects, we recommend the module(s): Electricity.
This course’s topics and objectives correspond in scope to a conventional 2 day training event.
Once you have made your payment, you get immediate access to the content in the form of a license valid for 12 months. You’ll save time and money by not needing to travel.
Internet connection and PC or laptop with browser. Recommended screen resolution 1024 x 768 or higher.
We want to make sure that you always have the latest version of our product. Prodiags reserves the right to make real time updates and changes. This way you’ll always have the best version, without extra fees.
Open Product Sheet (PDF)
1/4 – I’m a mechanic and I want to direct the payment for the training to my foreman, how can I do this?
- When ordering a Prodiags Training Module you can easily direct the payment to your manager or even to your mum. Open/print out the link’s instructions.
Printable order instructions (PDF)
2/4 – How can I provide my mechanics with useful training for example when a customer cancels an appointment?
- With the help of an Online Training Module you can utilise open spaces in the calendar and cancelled appointments with completing efficient training.
- If you have an ambitious mechanic whose skills and competence level you want to raise, Prodiags Training Modules are the easiest and most efficient way to start the training.
Read more about the benefits >> Workshop Manager
3/4 – What knowledge is required from me in order to provide added value to my training event with pre-learning and online material?
- Starting using the training material requires only a few clicks from you. You order the training material, add the participants and the pre-learning is up and running.
- A central added value of the Training Module’s Assessments: the trainer and learner knows the starting level, which enables the interest and motivation in the training to be maintained.
Learn more >> Trainer / Teacher
4/4 – How can I share and present Prodiags products to my community?
- Prodiags Automotive Training Modules are meant for everyone with an interest in the automotive industry. We cooperate with different influencers and we do not bind our partners to our brand.
- If you were interested in presenting your own collaboration idea to us, please fill in the Influencer Form and tell us more about yourself and your idea.
Open Influencer Form >>