Why this module?
Brake service is an essential part of the work required on a vehicle, especially for mechanics. Brake component wear needs to be checked regularly, you assess the condition, and perform the service or replacement of the parts. Brake service is part of the basic skills for a mechanic, both at work and in training.
What will you learn?
You begin learning about brake servicing by familiarising yourself with typical structures and components. You learn the names of components which comes in handy e.g. when ordering parts. When the structures are familiar you go on to assessing the service requirements. You find out how inspections are done during test-use and while lifted on the vehicle ramp. When you put these skills into practice, you notice how difficult doing a complete assessment of the service need is without disassembling the structures.
In the study about Front Brake Service, the service procedure is gone through step-by-step. With the help of pictures and examples you will learn more about different structures, and the disassembly of brake structures.
The training module covers a wide variety of rear brake structures, such as; disc brakes with parking brake, disc brake with separate parking brake shoes and drum brakes. Additionally, the module also covers attending to the electric parking brake, so you can avoid possible dangerous situations and damage.
After the wheel-specific brake service, the service is finished up by going more deeply into changing the brake fluid, correct bleeding procedures and examples for controlling the functionality.
The training module also consists of assessments and practical tasks to challenge your knowledge of brake servicing. Brake service, as a whole, is a task that requires strong practical knowledge and a lot of experience. The best final assessment and test of your skills is to perform a lot of brake service jobs to gain more practical competence. In your work, you can utilise the inspection card found in the printable student material. To ensure a professional service experience is delivered, you can give the correctly filled inspection card to the customer.
Open Product Sheet (PDF)
In the training module you will receive the basic knowledge and skills of brake servicing. By combining this knowledge and the practical brake service training you’ve done, you’re ready to work as a mechanic with the skill set to perform inspections during interval services and additional jobs according to visual defects.
After completing your module of study and approved completion of the exercises, you will be allowed to take the final exam. After completing the final exam, you can print a Prodiags certificate from your attainments register as proof of your expertise.
Open Product Sheet (PDF)
No prior knowledge required for taking this module.
This course’s topics and objectives correspond in scope to a conventional 2 day training event.
Once you have made your payment, you get immediate access to the content in the form of a license valid for 12 months. You’ll save time and money by not needing to travel.
Internet connection and PC or laptop with browser. Recommended screen resolution 1024 x 768 or higher.
We want to make sure that you always have the latest version of our product. Prodiags reserves the right to make real time updates and changes. This way you’ll always have the best version, without extra fees.
Open Product Sheet (PDF)
1/4 – I’m a mechanic and I want to direct the payment for the training to my foreman, how can I do this?
- When ordering a Prodiags Training Module you can easily direct the payment to your manager or even to your mum. Open/print out the link’s instructions.
Printable order instructions (PDF)
2/4 – How can I provide my mechanics with useful training for example when a customer cancels an appointment?
- With the help of an Online Training Module you can utilise open spaces in the calendar and cancelled appointments with completing efficient training.
- If you have an ambitious mechanic whose skills and competence level you want to raise, Prodiags Training Modules are the easiest and most efficient way to start the training.
Read more about the benefits >> Workshop Manager
3/4 – What knowledge is required from me in order to provide added value to my training event with pre-learning and online material?
- Starting using the training material requires only a few clicks from you. You order the training material, add the participants and the pre-learning is up and running.
- A central added value of the Training Module’s Assessments: the trainer and learner knows the starting level, which enables the interest and motivation in the training to be maintained.
Learn more >> Trainer / Teacher
4/4 – How can I share and present Prodiags products to my community?
- Prodiags Automotive Training Modules are meant for everyone with an interest in the automotive industry. We cooperate with different influencers and we do not bind our partners to our brand.
- If you were interested in presenting your own collaboration idea to us, please fill in the Influencer Form and tell us more about yourself and your idea.
Open Influencer Form >>